Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A beautiful update before a few days off

Today, Nancy, Fed and I went on a catamaran trip out of Fajardo (NorthEast coast), which was awesome! We got to the docks at 9:30am, and boarded a powered sailing catamaran that would take us to a small island off the coast, and then a reef in some slightly deeper water. It was SO amazing. The water, and island, and everything is postcard beautiful, maybe even better. The water is humorously clear and warm; it's unreal. We had about a 45 min sail to a small island, where we snorkeled for an hour or so. Saw tons of fish, and enjoyed the incredible water and beautiful small island. As stunning as these pictures are, it's still so much better in person.
Fed and I enjoying our sail on a catamaran. 
Approaching our first stop.
Our view to the left prior to docking on the shore.
Our view to the right prior to docking on the shore.
Yep, here's where we were today. Where were you? ;)
The water was AMAZING!
After that we had lunch on the catamaran. From there we sailed a few minutes to a big reef, where there were TONS of fish. I mean schools of fish that would just swim all around you. And they gave us bread to feed the fish, which would cause a frenzy of tropical fish to surround you, and even eat right of our hands. It was so incredibly cool. It's hard to even blog about this, because I can't do it justice at all. But let me tell you, it was awesome.

After the exciting catamaran trip, we stopped at the Luquillo kioskos to eat at El Jefe Burger per Nancy's recommendation. Now we're packing up to leave for Vieques in the morning, assuming the ferry will be running tomorrow. =P

I'm not bringing my camera or laptop to Vieques, since we're camping and I don't want to take any chance of having those things stolen. So I probably won't be able to make any blog updates until we get from Culebra on Sunday. Be patient until then; I'll post as much and as soon as I can. =)

4 comments:

  1. This is Dad, Not Mom!!
    Where was I today...................Work!
    That's right, Work!
    Glad you're having fun.
    Thanks for all the cool pictures and funny comments.

    Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. "before a few days off," is that what you actually wrote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok well, we can't promise that we can be patient. We're all psycho over here, waiting to see/read your blog everyday. These photos are mouth-watering! Can it be any more gorgeous? Brandon says, "We're here everyday being jealous." True. But then, did you go to Vista today? No? Didn't think so. hehe A big hug to Nancy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a big hug to Fed and Nancy and Gunner! I love you my angel. So happy this has proven to be such a wonderful vacation (you are coming back, right?). XXX

    ReplyDelete